Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I have not figured it out.

As you may have noticed, the video I posted did not load properly, so I hope I can get that up soon.

On a lighter note, I have remembered that I said a few weeks ago that I would post a piece of creative writing.
I have so far forgotten, so I thought that I would make it up to you by posting my current creative writing assignment from school. So you all get to read my Oregon Trail Journal Entries! On the Oregon Trail, my name was Gladys Butler, and I was 70 years old. Have fun reading them.

Next month, on May twentieth, my entire family will go to Independence, Missouri to buy supplies and join a wagon train heading west. From there we will travel the long journey to Oregon City to start our new life. It is a thrilling prospect, but it is also one fraught with danger.
I will be setting out with my beloved husband, Jasper, along with our son, John, his wife, Genevieve, and their two children, Charlie and Lulu. My son is a farmer, and we decided to move to Oregon when we were told about the fertile ground that is said to be found there. I wasn't certain, at first, what to bring. I knew that it would only be right to bring the family Bible and heirlooms. As great-grandma Theodonia always reminded me, if you don't know where you come from, then how will you know where you're going? I think that I will also bring my coffee supplies, as I  cannot live without it.

                                                                                 Gladys Butler
                                                                                 April 19, 1846

So that's the first one. I'll try to post the others tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment