Saturday, April 2, 2011

Awkward moments with waiters

Hey there readers of this awesome blog! I'm Captain K, yes I'm a superhero, get over it. More importantly though, I'm the author of the blog Egyptian Nerd Popcorn                                                       (http://egyptiannerdpopcorn.blogspot.com/ ) . The author of this blog, Zimri, has allowed me the honour of contributing a post to his blog as a guest author.


So my friends and I almost always go to the same restaurant every time we go out. It's become our hangout, kind of like Central Perk with Friends, or McLaren's with How I Met Your Mother. I'm not going to lie to you, having your own hangout has no shortage of perks. There are however, many drawbacks.


For example, when all the waiter know your name, it's really awkward when you don't know theirs. Especially if I want to order the cheque or something, I always feel bad not calling them by their names, why don't they wear name tags! Speaking of cheques, have any of you noticed how every person has their own variation of that hand signal for ordering the cheque. It almost never works anyway, the waiter just ends up coming over and asking you what it is you want.


The other day, I was at that same restaurant. Every time I go, I order the same dish. This time, I really felt like going for a burger, and I was really excited about it too. When it was my time to order, the waiter smiled and went "You'll have the usual of course" and started writing it down in his little notebook thing. I felt too bad to tell him he was wrong, not because I'm really nice or anything, but more because I wanted to avoid the awkwardness of that situation.


Don't get me started on that new waiter they got. It's obviously his first time waiting and he is so incredibly clumsy. He was constantly spilling coke on the table and he even messed up our orders. Speaking of which, I also feel too guilty to agree to take it back when they offer to, after they've messed something up on it. In general, if you add any special request to your order, you have to repeat it at least twice for them to actually have a chance of getting it right.





No comments:

Post a Comment