Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thunderstorms and the Doctor.

      Today I have two things to talk about, so to keep things clear, I am splitting this into two parts.

Part One: Thunderstorms
    The Ten Day Forecast for my city is looking pretty grim, to see what I mean, Click Here. In the next ten days, we have only a single day without a forecast of rain. The American Midwest is not a fun place during the spring and summer months, especially if you get migraines from the weather. Last night, we had an extremely violent storm. I woke up at one in the morning to see some of the brightest lightening and loudest thunder I have ever heard. Even though my digital camera was on my bedside table, I didn't get up to record the lightening as I usually do. It was one of those thunderstorms that make walking around a dark house by yourself unthinkable, which is not a common occurrence. The night before had also held a relatively large thunderstorm, which I did record. The video I had of that storm won't upload, but I'll try to post it separately.


Part Two: Doctor Who
    Tonight was the premiere of Doctor Who: Season Six, so we threw a Dr. Who party to celebrate. We had everything you could ever want: a Tardis cake, fish fingers, custard, caffeinated beverages. Some people on the internet have tried eating fish fingers  and custard, and they always say that they taste delicious together. I tried them, and it was disgusting. But, on the bright side, I do have pictures to post.

Tardis Cake

A post fish finger-dipping bowl of custard.
Some really cheap fish fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment