Sunday, April 3, 2011

Life Lesson # 1

      Today I learned an important lesson, so important that I felt the blogger's need to share it with the world.
Life Lesson #1- When carrying a warmed dish to the table, check how hot it is first. Yesterday I microwaved a bowl of pasta,  not particularly disastrous in itself. But, like an idiot, I picked up the dish without testing it first. This was what the floor looked like about ten seconds after I picked it up.  

On reflection it looks like someone was brutally murdered in the kitchen.
     Many thanks to Captain K. for his post about awkward conversations with awkward waiters. It made me think about the waiters here in America. Here, the waiter's and waitresses fall mainly into three categories: the meticulous, smooth waiter who has the entire world memorized, the awkward waiter who asks for you to repeat your order and spills the drinks, and the waiter who knows the names of all the people and will tell you what will go well with your meal.  

     Thanks again to Captain K. I encourage anyone who is reading this to go immediately to his blog. http://egyptiannerdpopcorn.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment